May Half Term is almost here, and we’ve got you covered for things to do in Kent…
The weather is looking good
- The Beach at Leeds Castle– Grab your bucket and spade, dig out your beach towel, and tuck into a mouth-watering ice cream on your visit to the new beach at Leeds Castle. The Beach will be located opposite the amazing Maze & Grotto, giving families the chance to also explore our two thrilling playgrounds, challenging obstacle course, and of course meet our magnificent birds of prey.
- The Great outdoors at Kent Life– Get up close and personal with nature this May Half Term and visit Kent Life for a weekend of outdoorsy fun! Take a visit to our critter cuddle corner, try some nature crafts, have a go at orienteering or visit Forest School. If you’re all bugged out – you can still visit our farmyard friends, enjoy indoor and outdoor play areas, fun farm rides and more!
- The Kent Garden Show- Visit the garden show during the Bank holiday weekend for hundreds of exhibitors as well as a craft pavilion, food hall, brass band and children’s rides.
- Jousting at Leeds Castle– Another fun event at Leeds Castle over the last May bank holiday- The Queen’s Joust. Enjoy the exhilarating displays of combat and action, elegant and unusual equestrian, and medieval living and feasting.
- Kids Rule at Dover Castle– Get ready for a right royal knees-up at the Kids Rule events this May half-term. Visit the grounds of Dover Castle to celebrate King Charles III’s coronation with hands-on activities and fresh-air family fun. Get creative and invent your own royal legend that will stand the test of time. Then get arty and design your own set of coronation robes — the crazier the colour combos, the better!
- See Peppa Pig on the Spa Valley Railway– On 27th, 28th and 29th May, children’s favourite Peppa Pig will be appearing at Groombridge station at intervals on each day – don’t forget your cameras! Take a steam train ride from Tunbridge Wells West travelling to Groombridge where you can alight to see Peppa Pig as the steam locomotive changes ends of the train.
Your May half term holiday home…
We have still got homes available for this half term, what about a last minute trip to Kent?
Take a look at our homes…