Coronation weekend is coming up and there are so many fun ways to celebrate in Kent…
Garden party at Leeds Castle– Head over to Leeds Castle to enjoy their garden party from 6th-8th May. There’s endless fun for everyone to enjoy, including garden games, live music and delicious food stalls. And the event is included in your admission ticket!
- Treasure hunt at Riverhill Himalayan Gardens- Why not take part in a royal treasure hunt during the Coronation weekend? Explore the incredible Riverhill gardens and learn about its history whilst trying to spot all of the crowns dotted around. Perfect for some outdoor family fun, and all ages are welcome!
- King’s Coronation at Hever Castle- Celebrate the King’s Coronation at the home of two former queens of England. Your little ones can get creative and decorate their own crown or shield in a free workshop, plus they can get their face painted. Explore the castle and learn about the history of the former queens in a brand new exhibition.
- Canterbury Cathedral Concert- Canterbury Cathedral is hosting The Central Band of the Royal British Legion for a royal concert. All ages are welcome to attend and enjoy all the music they have to offer in celebration of the new King.
- Ightam Mote Coronation celebrations – Visit Ightam Mote for a weekend full of different activities for everyone to enjoy. From treasure hunts to live music and choirs, there is plenty on offer throughout the weekend, and all in lovely scenic grounds.
- Coronation Picnic at Chartwell – Enjoy an evening of music and champagne to celebrate the Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty the Queen Consort set against the backdrop of Chartwell. Bring along your own picnic to enjoy the beautiful views and listen to the sounds of Oxted Band.